Sustainable Business Networks
- Level 2
Sustainable Business Networks are groups of local or like-minded businesses that want to improve their overall sustainability and boost local economies.
Networks are facilitated via Groups on the Green Street website and through social media, webinars and face-to-face events. Businesses can sign up online, check their carbon footprint, add a business listing, post news and ask questions. Members display branded signage on their premises or website and attend events to share ideas, learn and connect with others.
Networks aim to help businesses be more sustainable by collaborating with others or simply sharing ideas and tips about reducing their carbon footprint or improving other aspects of sustainability. Members discuss issues, trade in a circular economy, build skills, and achieve cost savings and other benefits through improved sustainability.
- Who it’s for
Sustainable Business Networks are for business owners and staff, particularly from small and medium-sized businesses.
- What you’ll need
To join a Sustainable Business Network (SBN), you just need to run or work in a business and be interested in being more sustainable! In particular, you'll want to find ways to reduce your carbon footprint (see carbon accounting & management). The SBN brand reflects this, being based on a footprint!
Currently, there is a Samford Sustainable Business Network in the Moreton Bay area of Queensland. If you want to start one in your area, you can create a group via the Green Street Community and contact Green Street for guidance on setting up your network. Then let others know about it by posting an update via your Green Street account, social media, or other channels.
To join an existing network, you first need to join Green Street as a business/workplace at Level 2 or higher, and complete your Green Street Score. Next, search the Groups section of the Green Street community for 'Sustainable Business Network' and request to join the relevant group.
- What’s included
- Membership of a Sustainable Business Network (SBN) group on Green Street
- A listing in the Green Street Business Directory (if you do your Green Street Score and earn at least one badge)
- An overview brochure you can use to recruit SBN members or explain the benefits to others
- A 'Declaration' poster you can display to show your commitment to sustainability
- For Samford SBN members, a membership poster to display on your premises and an SBN graphic to include in your business website/emails. Also, you have access to face-to-face and online events
- If you want to start a new SBN group in your area, contact us to request customised promotional material and to ask advice about arranging events and engaging members.