Business Directory Listing
- Level 2
Search and find businesses, or list your own organisation if you run a business. The Green Street Business Directory promotes businesses that are having a go at being sustainable.
By supporting businesses that are trying to be more sustainable, everyone can help them do more, contributing to a more sustainable local economy.
The directory provides a way for businesses to promote themselves and highlight their sustainability efforts.
- Who it’s for
- Businesses and organisations of any size can be listed on the directory, but they must be making efforts to be sustainable (see requirements below)
- Business owners, their staff and procurement people can use the directory to find products or services from other businesses, to create a more sustainable supply chain
- Digital marketing agencies can promote their clients through the directory if they meet the requirements below
- Consumers can use the directory to find products and services from local or national businesses that are having a go at being sustainable.
- What you’ll need
The directory is free for anyone to access and search via the Green Street website.
If you manage a business and want to be listed in the directory, you need to:
- Join Green Street as a business/workplace (Level 2 or higher)
- Calculate the Green Street Score for your business
- Earn at least one Green Street Badge (the 'Commitment to have a go' badge is a good one to start with)
- Add brief text about your business, by editing your profile
- Optionally, add up to six tags to help people find your business when searching the directory.
Businesses are required to access the website regularly, as the most active members will be prioritised in directory search results. If a business does not meet the above criteria it can still have a profile page, but this will not be displayed in the Business Directory. Please note the criteria may be subject to change without notice.
It is important to note that any Green Street business member who tries to spam other members or manipulate search engines may be deleted from the website without notice, as explained in our Terms & Conditions.
- What’s included
As Green Street members, businesses can also post news/updates to their 'wall' or to the wall of any Green Street groups they are a member of. A member's posts are displayed on their profile page, and the latest posts from all members appear on the Community Wall.