Install fully green power
To reduce your reliance on the main power grid (which is mostly powered by fossil fuels), install a fully renewable power source such as solar and/or wind power. As of January 2022, more than 3 million rooftop solar PV systems have been installed across Australia.
You can also consider using rechargeable solar batteries and battery storage systems, especially if you have a hybrid or electric vehicle. Make sure to do your research first (see links below), as the systems are continually evolving.
Save up to 7 tonnes of carbon each year
- Green Street Badges: Energy badge (household) and Energy badge (business)
- Energy.gov.au – Solar PV & Batteries – Australian Government’s guidance on rooftop solar systems and batteries
- Solar Power for your Home – Advice for householders, from the QLD Government
- Industry sector guides for energy efficiency – guidance for business, from energy.gov.au
- Buying Battery Storage – a guide from the Clean Energy Council, Australia