Buy energy-efficient appliances and office equipment
Tip: When replacing electrical appliances such as a fridge, washing machine, TV, printer or computer monitor, aim to only buy appliances with a five-star or higher energy rating.
Using higher-rated electrical items will not only reduce your carbon footprint, it will save money long term by cutting your energy bills.
Up to 1 tonne of carbon saved per appliance per year
- Green Street Badges: Energy badge (household) and Energy badge (business)
- Energy.gov.au – Australian Government’s energy-saving information and tips for consumers and businesses
- Energy Rating Label – understand energy star ratings to help select energy-efficient appliances
- Energy Rating Calculator – calculate how much energy and money you save by comparing specific models or star ratings
- Small Business Energy Check – for small businesses: see how your energy spending compares to similar businesses