How to earn this badge
If your children do seven or more of these you will earn a Green Kids Badge.
- Switch off game machines, computers and other electrical appliances at the wall
- Turn off lights when not in use
- Shower for four minutes or less
- Recycle everything they can
- Walk or cycle to school and friends' places when it is safe to do so
- Help grow vegetables and fruit at home or at school or in a community garden
- Turn off taps when brushing their teeth
- Turn off the taps when washing their hair
- Eat healthy foods the great majority of the time
- Minimise the purchase of toys and other 'stuff'
How to add a badge to your profile
Sign in and go to your member profile page, then select 'Review my badges'. Follow the 'Read more' links to check the actions for each badge, and tick checkboxes for any badges you have earned. Once you've clicked the 'save' button, the selected badges will display on your profile.
Remember, Green Street Badges rely on each member's honest declaration of what they are doing to be sustainable, so check the actions for each badge carefully!