How to earn this badge
If you do eight or more of these you will earn a Workplace Design Badge.
- Design maximizes the availability of cooling breezes
- We use natural ventilation and lighting wherever possible
- There is insulation to all walls and ceilings
- Construction materials are made from renewable resources
- The building uses renewable energy supplies
- Paints, varnishes and finishes are produced with no or low volatile organic compounds and are not toxic
- Overall space used is minimized
- There is no air conditioning
- If air conditioning is on windows and doors are closed
- If air conditioning is used thermostats are set at 24-26 degrees in hot weather and 18-19 degrees in cold weather
- Gas or green energy is used for cooking and heating
How to add a badge to your profile
Sign in and go to your member profile page, then select 'Review my badges'. Follow the 'Read more' links to check the actions for each badge, and tick checkboxes for any badges you have earned. Once you've clicked the 'save' button, the selected badges will display on your profile.
Remember, Green Street Badges rely on each member's honest declaration of what they are doing to be sustainable, so check the actions for each badge carefully!