Benefits for businesses & workplaces
Green Street aims to encourage sustainable local economies via the combined efforts of businesses, communities and individuals. Through Green Street, you’ll have access to people and resources to help you have a go at being sustainable.
By joining Green Street as a business/workplace, you can…
- Calculate and track your carbon impact via the Green Street Score
- Earn digital Green Street badges to reward your sustainability efforts
- Explore inspirational articles and case studies
- Access and use a range of practical sustainability resources (depending on membership level)*
- Connect to other members and join Groups via the Green Street Community
- Post updates to your ‘wall’ to let others know about your sustainability actions or tips
- Have your business listed on the Business Directory (see information about Business Directory Listings)*
- Join a Sustainable Business Network group*
- Keep up with Green Street News and read updates from others on the Community Wall
- Promote your business via special offers and content sponsorship* (see opportunities for sponsors)
What if our workplace isn’t very sustainable yet?
Being a Green Street business or workplace means you’re having a go at being sustainable. It doesn’t matter if you’ve just started your sustainability efforts or have been operating sustainably for many years. The main thing is you’re having a go! Green Street’s sustainability resources, member community and other features are designed to help you.
What it costs
Joining Green Street is free, but paid levels of membership give access to extra resources and features (see pricing). For example, if you own a business you can join for free, but you can’t list in the Green Street Business Directory unless you join at a paid level.
We have kept the costs as low as possible to make joining Green Street affordable for small businesses. Even if you choose the free level you’ll still be able to access a few resources and connect to others in the community. But if you join at Level 2 or 3 you’ll soon recoup the small subscription cost through the value of being listed on a site that attracts climate-conscious, ethically aware customers.
There are also sponsorship opportunities: sponsor a Green Street badge, advertise offers to members, or offer custom services. This can be a very cost-effective way of reaching an audience who is keen to hear about sustainability products and services!
Join now to start getting business benefits
Still need convincing? Read about why to join Green Street as a business.
If you don’t represent a business or organisation, please see benefits for households & individuals